Zoo Med ReptiCare Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter 1ea/150 W
ReptiCare Ceramic Heat Emitters are the perfect 24 hour heat source for all reptiles. These porcelain heating devices screw into a standard porcelain incandescent socket, giving off intense muscle-penetrating infrared heat, while emitting no light. The flat-faced design is more efficient and longer lasting than conical designs which build up excess heat internally, ultimately carbonizing the element. Last up to 5 years. Perfect for high humidity terrariums. UL/cUL classified when used in conjunction with Zoo Meds Wire Cage Clamp Lamp (LF-10).
- Use Instructions: 1. Use appropriate wattage Heat Emitter for your terrarium. General recommendations are as follows: 60 watt for 10-20 gallon terrarium, 100 watt for 30-40 gallon terrariums, and 150 watt for 50-100 gallon terrariums or large wire Iguanariums®. Because of variables like ambient room temperature and ventilation, more or less heat may be required. Zoo Med recommends the use of the ReptiTemp 500R thermostat for accurate and consistent temperature control.2. The ReptiCare Ceramic Heat Emitter is UL listed for use in Zoo Med’s Wire Cage Clamp Lamp, LF-10. Failure to use in Zoo Med’s LF-10, Wire Cage fixture with porcelain socket could constitute a fire hazard and voids any and all guarantees. Screw the Heat Emitter securely into the fixture, making sure that it is completely screwed in and making good contact with the terminals inside the fixture. A loose Heat Emitter or heat lamp can cause electrical arcs and/or short circuits!3. Attachment to Terrarium: Securely mount the clamp lamp containing the Heat Emitter above your terrarium’s screen cover in a place out of reach of children and pets. The reptile Lamp Stand increases safety and security by providing a strong and stable place to mount your Heat Emitter.4. Placement Over Terrarium: You must have a screen or some type of barrier between the Heat Emitter and the inside of the cage; NEVER MOUNT A CERAMIC HEAT EMITTER INSIDE OF AN ENCLOSURE. This is a serious re and burn hazard. Note: radiant heat sources like lamps and Heat Emitters should not be placed above a glass cover as this can cause glass fractures.5. Thermostat: For those reptile hobbyists that are heating reptiles that require a NIGHT TIME temperature drop, you may want to add Zoo Med’s REPTITEMP® 500R THERMOSTAT. This thermostat will control all your terrarium heating devices and shut them off if your terrarium gets too warm. By adding a common “light timer” to the thermostat you can also achieve a night time temperature drop, thus INDUCING NORMAL BREEDING BEHAVIOR.
- Caution: Keep out reach of children. Do not place inside cages or terrariums.
- Safety Warnings: 1. Do not place inside cages or terrariums.2. Keep the Ceramic Heat Emitter away from CURTAINS or other highly flammable objects.3. Make sure your Vivarium Heater attaches FIRMLY to the top rim of your terrarium or use Zoo Med’s Repti Lamp Stand for optimum attachment.4. For Indoor use only.
- Compatible Tank size: 100 Gallons
- Compatible With: Standard porcelain incandescent socket
- Temperature Control: No
- Wattage: 150 Watts
There are no reviews yet.